I'm trying to create a _root level trace function where I can simply
pass a variable to a protoype function and it prints out the variable
name and value.  Here is the pseudocode for what I want to do:

MovieClip.prototype.TraceThis = function(str){
        Trace(str.Name + ": " + str.Value);
}
var myVar:String = "This is my value";
TraceThis(myVar);

Simple function that would save time when developing by allowing me to
just pass a variable and it would spit out both the name and value
without me always typing it out (trace("myVar = " + myVar).

I guess I'm lazy...

Doug Coning
Senior Web Development Programmer
FORUM Solutions, LLC

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended for the specified recipient(s)
only and are legally protected.  If you have received this communication in
error, please "reply to" sender's e-mail address with notification of the error
and then destroy this message in all electronic and physical forms.