No... In fact it seems to fail entirely if you turn on Render Text as Html
for the text field.  I'll have to research this more another day.

-tom

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jim
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 2:07 PM
To: 'Flashcoders mailing list'
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Font symbols and bold/italic (cont.)

Taking this back to the original point, did you ever get one font embedded
that has plain, bold, italic & bold italic symbols so if you have a html
text field with all of those styles inside it will display correctly?

I have never managed to do this & would like to know if its possible. I have
no trouble using shared assets movie clips, fonts, sounds etc its just this
one last thing that would make me very happy.

Jim