Tom Lee wrote:
In the original Microsoft list of workarounds for the Eolas patch, one of
the possible workarounds was to base64 encode your swf and embed the data
inline in your object tag.  The original page has since been removed, and
the only evidence I can now find of this is at
http://www.mustardlab.com/developer/flash/standards/, a page being kept
around for archival reasons (see the "official fixes" section).  Though I
don't need this technique as an Eolas workaround, I'm still really curious
about it.  Is it possible to base64 encode a swf file and include that raw
data in your web page instead of hosting a separate swf file on your server?

Hi Tom, I don't have much solid info myself on that approach... I had heard it discussed during meetings, with the context that there were size constraints of some type, but I haven't seen any implementations of it myself.

Sorry I've no solid info, but maybe that in itself is some info...?  ;-)

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd