Merrill, Jason wrote:

Is there an Actionscript 2.0 or Xpath equivalent to Javascript and
Actionscript 3.0's
decode(theStringWith"Special"Characters);

Hey Jason,

I've run into the same issue about a month ago with XML documents that a client had generated from their database, character entities included.

I couldn't find a built-in solution for converting the character entities back into Unicode characters, so I went online, found the specs, wrote a little scraper utility to grab the mappings for me and then wrote a small utility class to use the data for encoding and decoding. It's a simple static class with inline JavaDoc-style documentation. Hope this works for you.

You can grab it here:

    http://dev.psalterego.com/CharacterEntity.as

Regards,
Jim