I know you don't have Flash 8, but if this is a limited-time project you might use the 30-day trial version. You might be able to find or develop an extension to batch save to Flash MX 2004. When you do it manually from Flash 8, there's a dialog that alerts you to any functionality that will be lost in saving to the lower version. You'd have to automatically bypass the dialog somehow. How many files are you talking about? -Marc