As for the caching issue, here is a php script that I used on a recent site
that did the trick:

<?php

$filename = $_GET['filename'];

header('Content-type: application/x-shockwave-flash');header("Expires: Thu,
01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT, -1 ");
header("Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate");
header("Pragma: no-cache");
$content = file_get_contents($filename);
echo$content;
?>

Say this is movieloader.php;

So in your flash movie, when loading external assets, use

myTarget.loadMovie("movieloader.php?filename=NameOfMovie.swf")

Im sure there are similar scripts in other server side languages that
perform the same function, just don't have em on hand.

-Geoff