Hello All,

I am a huge advocate of declaring all my Vars, and 99% of all my
Applications, are comprised of ClassFiles extending MovieClips - this
way, I can use the AS 2.0 methods of programming, and keep my Apps as
clean as possible.

Now in my Root Timeline, I initialize all my MovieClips there, and get
the initial ball rolling, based on Variables that have been passed in
the URL.

I am embedding my Vars directly inside the <Object></Object> tags (i.e.
myMovie.swf?varName=value)

It's my understanding, that these Vars are immediately available to the
Movie, once it starts up.

In the Root Timeline, how are these Vars viewed by the application?
Right this moment, I am using "this.varName" and it seems to be working
fine that way.  I still feel that I need a better understanding of this
topic, to avoid any future problems that come up (in case, my movie
doesn't behave the way it should)

What would happen, if I declared these Vars in my startup code?  Is this
still considered a good practice, only in the case of Vars passed via
the URL?  These Vars are accessible regardless of me formally declaring
them or not - but I want to Cast them properly.  Some Vars that I pass
in, are Strings, some Numeric, and some Boolean.

Could any of you explain to me, the overall topic of Vars that get
passed in via the URL?  How do they get created inside the movie?
Should I still declare them? - or by declaring them, am I jeopardizing
the creation process?  If I cast them using the Var statement, will that
ensure they will get cast as THAT TYPE, when they are passed in via the
URL?

I would love to hear how all this works, and also, when they technically
become available - so that I can start loading other MovieClips (knowing
for sure, that they are fully initialized - and not "undefined" when I
try to access their values).

Thanks again everybody!!

Mike