Jim,

Curious, did the individual that had the problem have the same version
of Flash Player?  I'm sure you checked that out, but that is a curious
problem...

Doug Coning
Senior Web Development Programmer
FORUM Solutions, LLC

Merrill,
> Jason
> Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 11:22 AM
> To: Flashcoders mailing list
> Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Flash SWF Loading fine, but Remoting
hangs...

> Do the 5% have the same http: browsing capabilities as the 95%?  I had
> similar issue and found out because I was new here, and even though I
> could browse to most web sites, unknown to me my http access was
> somewhat restricted until I was granted full, regular access.  Are
there
> any possible http access restrictions on these users for some reason?
>
> >>JavaScript "document.write" method to write out the Flash Object
tags
> -
>
> That shouldn't have anything to do with it since you said the
> application starts - so they are past the Javascript at that point.
It
> sounds like the Remoting call is failing for those users for some
> reason.
>
> And is it always the same 5% or is it 5% of random users?  If it's
> random, I have also had problems with network blips because someone
else
> was working on an application at the time or whatever.  If it's always
> the same 5% then it seems to be due to something specific to their
> configuration and not a network blip.
>
> Anyway, things to think about.
>
> Jason Merrill
> Bank of America
> Learning Technology Solutions

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended for the specified recipient(s)
only and are legally protected.  If you have received this communication in
error, please "reply to" sender's e-mail address with notification of the error
and then destroy this message in all electronic and physical forms.