-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Mc
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 3:20 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Help loading xml in html embed tag

All the resources I get tell me how to put a flashvar into an embed tag but
not the syntax for bringing the variable into my Action Script Document.

I have been working on this for almost a week now and I know it is simple
because everyone keeps telling me so.

If I can't get this I am dead.

here is my embed tag:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.
cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="300" height="46" id="NoxPlayer" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="NoxPlayer.swf" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="xmlURL=playlist.xml">
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="devicefont" value="true" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
<embed src="NoxPlayer.swf" FlashVars="xmlURL=playlist.xml" quality="high"
wmode="transparent" devicefont="true" bgcolor="#000000" width="300"
height="46" name="NoxPlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"; />
</object>

here is how they get the xml document now.

    private var playlistURL:String = "playlist.xml";
    private var playlistObj:jwPlaylist;
    private var playlistArray:Array;

How do I make this get the playlist.xml link from the embed tag.

I can't seem to get the syntax right or something because I can't get this
to work.

If anyone can give me a detaild response or steer me to a tutorial that will
show me the syntax to use in the action script document. Not the first frame
of the FLA

Thanks

If you want to look at the files let me know I will post them. It is an mp3
player but my boss wants to add the xml with dynamic links