When I experience crazy behavior like this in Flash that absolutely
shouldn't happen, I take a few steps.

1) Save and compact.  Quit Flash.  Restart my computer.

2) If that doesn't fix it, I try deleting the component from the library,
save and compact, quit Flash, relaunch, put the component back in.

3) If that doesn't fix it, I make a copy of the file and take other
components out one at a time until I find the conflict.

4) If that still doesn't fix it, and I've exhausted every other reasonable
debugging technique, I take drastic action.  Sometimes, Flash files simply
get corrupted and there's nothing you can do about it except make a brand
new Flash file and copy everything from the old movie into it.  It sucks,
but sometimes that is the only solution.  Hopefully, your movie isn't too
complicated and you can do this without too much more than some copying and
pasting.  Yes, this solution actually works.

HTH,
Steven