> Hi List,
>
> What's the neatest way of accepting a single parameter with 2 possible types
> into a method and then working out what type of parameter has been passed?
>
> e.g. in pseudo code
>
> private function myMethod( i:Number/String ):Void {
>
>    if ( i is a String ) {
>       // do this
>    } else if ( i is a Number ) {
>       // do this
>    }
> }

Funny, I just added the optional arguments to haXe and you could do the
following :

function myMethod( ?i : Int, ?s : String ) : Void {
   if( i != null ) {
       // Int argument
   } else if( s != null ) {
       // String argument

myMethod(12345); // same as myMethod(12345,null);
myMethod("hello"); // same as myMethod(null,"hello");

Nicolas