-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Boutin
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:56 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] FileReference and Getting File Path

Not sure if this will help, but maybe you can copy the image to the
users cache to display it.

// make a working copy of a file on the user's disk
var fileRef = new FileReference();
if (fileRef.browse(["Text Files", "*.txt"]) {
    fileRef.copyIntoCache("backup-data.txt");
    var newFile = new FileReference();
    newFile.open("backup-data.txt");

    // operate on new file
    // ...

}

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I can get the name, however it doesn't provide the path (i.e.
c:\images\image001.jpg)

> Mike Boutin      mikeb at juicystudios.com
>      Thu Jun 15 13:03:32 EDT 2006               Is it possible for you to
just grab the name after it is selected from