thanks

On 6/17/06, Paul Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 16 Jun 2006, at 22:28, Flash guru wrote:
> I'm restricted to asp, but I'm a php native that is blind to the
> ways of asp

I'm trying to leave the way of ASP behind - the following notes might
be useful to you...

A good quick ASP reference :- http://www.devguru.com/

In ActionScript, when you create/build the XML object, don't bother
setting the XMLObject.contentType as you would for PHP. The (unusual)
default was intended for communicating with ASP.

On the server, asp VBScript code I have used previously to process
XML sent from flash...
<%
dim xmlObj
Set xmlObj = Server.CreateObject( "Microsoft.XMLDOM" )

xmlObj.async = false

xmlObj.load( Request.BinaryRead( Request.TotalBytes ) )

if xmlObj.parseError.errorCode <> 0 then
   'there-was-a-parse-error
else
   'do-something
end if
%>

In your case the do-something is probably to just a call to the
xmlObj save method?
e.g.
xmlObj.save( "C:\path-to-target-file" )
http://www.devguru.com/technologies/xml_dom/15813.asp

You may also find reading up on the VBScript "File System Object" if
you have other file type things to such as testing to see if the file
already exists...
http://www.devguru.com/technologies/vbscript/14048.asp

And finally you may need to use Server.MapPath to find the path to
your site-root folder...
http://www.devguru.com/technologies/asp/9170.asp

hth

Paul