Hi all,

I am having a problem with Flash 8's TextInput component. I have changed the
typeface to FFF's Progress bold, a bitmap font. It works fine (sharp and
all), except for two issues: 1) letter "W" is not bold even though all other
characters are, and 2) letters with descents such as y or q or g are cropped
so that only a stub of the descent is displayed. Increasing the input
field's vertical size does not help. Apparently it contains a TextField
whose height is not increased. Same thing happens with other bitmap fonts
with descents.

So, the question is: is there any way to change the internal text field
height of the TextInput component, somehow?

Thanks,

Ville