The highly important and common feature for Forums is the ability to  paste
HTML, perform clean and efficient searches, insert images from other
sites/URLs, embed flash animations, right-click to open links posted links
in new tabs/windows, paste code, harcore forum users even cherish their
custom footers. Most of these functions wouldn't be as effective in a flash
front-end.