I have some classes I wrote which make using xfactorstudio's Xpath
classes easier, if you want them.  Comes with a little bit of example
code commented in the class.  Requires xfactorstudio's classes to be
installed already.

Here is the comment and example code in one of the classes:

XPath node values much simpler and easier. It handles CDATA nodes, which
can be very tricky with XPath. It also converts the raw strings
representations of booleans and numbers to their actual primitive
values.  It will decode character entities in XML values to real
representations. For example, it converts "&" to "&".

Usage Example:

//initialize the object:
var xd:XData = new XData(myXMLObject);

 //get value from an attribute:
var myAttributeString:String = xd.getString("menu/items/[EMAIL PROTECTED]");

//get value from a node value:
var myNodeString:String = xd.getString("menu/items/item[3]/text()");

//finds the array position of "Welcome" in example node <item
title="Welcome"/>
var myAttributePosition:Number = xd.getNodePosition("menu/items/item",
"title", "Welcome");

//get a CDATA string:
var myCDATAParagraph:String = xd.getString("menu/items/item[3]/content",
true);

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions