What is not entirely clear on the website is that the XPComponents are
NOT designed to be used as standalone components in YOUR application,
but are meant to be used when you build applications using the
DEVELOPERS' EXACT framework.

We paid for the components but found out very quickly that they wouldn't
work for us because they caused all kinds of issues with Selection,
tabIndex, and other non-XP components.

I don't want this to sound disparaging, as the author of the components
was very helpful when I asked him about the issues I was having,
however, I disagree with his approach.  The website doesn't explain
clearly that you cannot just throw one of his components in your movie
and expect it to work, or that using his components in your movie can
break your existing code and won't get along with other components (MMs
or other 3rd party ones) or even with Flash's native code (like
Selection and tabIndex).  You MUST use the exact framework he has
developed from the get go.  To me, it's kind of misleading to simply
call them components, since you're actually purchasing a framework which
contains custom components to work within that framework.

If you're looking for great, lightweight, skinnable components you can
just throw into your existing code, I recommend the Ghostwire components
set.  I have had a lot of success with them.  They're written in AS1 but
AS2 compiles as AS1 anyway and their ease of use, skinnability, and
ability to get along with your existing code make them a winner in my
book.

http://www.ghostwire.com/

HTH,
Steven