For the record... I think I finally figured out what the problem was with my FLV.

It turns out to have less to do with Tweening functions and more to do with the fact that the NetStream class hates to be instantiated into a local variable.

As a reference for anyone having trouble with NetStream, FLV and AS2, just remember a couple things:

1) NetConnection and NetStream instances should be stored as movieclip or object properties, not local variables. 2) If you instantiate NetConnection and NetStream in an AS2 class, make sure the class is not instantiated into a local variable, either.

This behavior seems strange to me, and I'm not sure if it's already a known bug. If anyone can shed any further light on this topic, it would be appreciated :)

-Dan