Hi to all on the list from a new sign-up.

I'm also new to the whole AS thing, so do please bear with me if I ask
questions that seem obvious or stupid to those with more experience then
I (which will be all of you).

The book that I used to teach myself Flash offered two ways of loading a
SWF inside another movie; one was by using a movieClipLoader, and the
other was by using a Loader component.

The first way seems more complicated (needs for AS code), but I'm also
wondering if it offers more control than the component option.

What is generally considered to be the better way?
Thanks in advance;

--
Rick Lecoat