I might be wrong, but I don't think you can download progressive jpgs, therefore you won't have anything to display until the jpg is completely loaded. If the jpgs are huge, you might consider downloading a lower-res image first, perhaps a .gif with fewer colors and/or a grayscale image. That should load very quickly. Once that's loaded, you could load the hi-res jpg and then, using masking, show it progressively from top to bottom.

Marc

At 08:03 AM 7/2/2006, you wrote:
Hi Cor, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I would use a mask. But the question is, how could I progressively show
only the image while it is being downloaded?

Marcelo

On 7/2/06, Cor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You could use a mask

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Namens Marcelo de
Moraes
Serpa
Verzonden: zaterdag 1 juli 2006 13:48
Aan: Flashcoders mailing list
Onderwerp: [Flashcoders] Progressivelly download (and show) a jpg image

Is it possible somehow to progressivelly show a jpg being loaded via
loadMovie()? The topdown "effect" that is native in images loaded via
html... as far as I know, It´s only possible to show the image in the
flash
player after it has been completely loaded, but I remember seeing an
example
of such thing on flashkit once...

Cheers,

Marcelo.