i assume you mean...

tf = new TextFormat()
tf.font = "myfont"
mytextfield.setNewTextFormat(tf)

Did you try using mytextfield.setTextFormat(tf) AFTER you change the text?

On Jul 4, 2006, at 9:20 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

I really need some quick help here as I need to deploy this app for
tomorrow!

I´m using Shared Fonts and loading the swf with the exported font symbols beforehand, in the main preloader. In the subsequent forms (swfs) I ´m using the SharePoint strategy, where I put only a "dummy" MovieClip one frame before and so all the Shared Swf DOM becomes available for access through actionscript. I´ve succesfully set up the shared fonts using a textformat objects on **dynamically created textfields**, but it just doesn´t work when I try to set it in textfields that I´ve put on the stage through the flash
ide... they just become blank, no text...

I´m using the following code:

tf = new TextField()
tf.font = "myfont"
mytextfield.setNewTextFormat(tf)