-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike
Chambers
Sent: woensdag 5 juli 2006 22:54
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] [AS3] Compiling just from AS3 code, no mxml files

There is not support for using the Flex Framework in an AS only
project. While it is theoretically possible, you would have to
manually bootstrap a lot of the application initialization code that
Flex handles (something which would be rather complex).

If you want to play with the framework, but don't want to layout your
app with mxml, then the easier way is to create a simple mxml file
that contains an application tag, and a script tag that then points
to your code.

This way, the application tag will take care of all of the
initialization, and you can then leverage the framework via
ActionScript.

If you just want to use ActionScript and no framework, then mxmlc
will also compile an .as file.

Hope that helps...

mike chambers

[EMAIL PROTECTED]