Could you supply the code you tested with please.

Charles P.

On 7/10/06, Cédric Néhémie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Here some benchs I've made during the Beta 2, comparison between AS2's
and AS3's basics operations.

All have been mades on 100000 iterations.
AS2:

addition (5+12) : 370 ms
subtract (5-12) : 365 ms
multiply (5x12) : 351 ms
divide (5/12) : 375 ms
concat : 471 ms
round (16.87956) : 346 ms
square (2) : 395 ms
creating objects with {x:50,y:100} : 1560 ms
creating objects with new : 1734 ms
creating arrays with [50,60,70] : 1834 ms
creating arrays with new : 2127 ms
AS3 :

addition (5+12) : 4 ms
subtract (5-12) : 6 ms
multiply (5x12) : 6 ms
divide (5/12) : 7 ms
concat : 63 ms
concat with StringBuilder : 12 ms
round (16.87956) : 25 ms
square (2) : 24 ms
creating objects with {x:50,y:100} : 89 ms
creating objects with new : 70 ms
creating arrays with [50,60,70] : 90 ms
creating arrays with new : 300 ms

Something cool is that the new keyword is much faster on AS3 when
creating objects, whereas it's the inverse in AS3.

Cédric