I believe you would need to use something such as php for this.

kelly snyder wrote:
I am trying to find a way to get my Flash file read from and write to ASCII text files. I would like to run the swf or exe file on my local machine, with an input test file and an output text file in the same directory. The swf file would read from the input file and write to the output file. Is this possible? Can I use javascript to achieve this?