I'm agree with Mike concerning the ECMAScript rationale :

>From the ECMA specifications
(http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ecma-st/ECMA-262.pdf)

7.5.3 Future Reserved Words
The following words are used as keywords in proposed extensions and are
therefore reserved to allow
for the possibility of future adoption of those extensions.
Syntax
FutureReservedWord :: one of
abstract enum int short
boolean export interface static
byte extends long super
char final native synchronized
class float package throws
const goto private transient
debugger implements protected volatile
double import public

There's no mention of any restrictions anywhere in the specifications,
seems it's a choice of Adobe to restrict the usage of the private
keyword for constructors.

About instanciate the Math class, there is an error in Run Time errors
section :

1075 - Math is not a constructor. You can not instantiate the Math class.

They probably use the same type of restrictions as we discussed before.

PS : sorry for my english too :( , french people and english don't
really works fine together :)