In my experience with trying to work out a magic fix for the eolas patent (http://www.unfocus.com/projects/patentMagic/), I have found that in IE, with swfs at least (but possibly all objects) objects that are set with display: none, do not even load in the background, never mind execute javascript.

Kevin N.

David Fischer wrote:
Hi,

turns out that a swf in a hidden <div> won't execute any Javascript-Methods in Internet Explorer.
it kinda seems logical in terms of "if anything is hidden, i don't care".

this works with firefox (mac/win), opera(mac/win), safari though.
Can anyone confirm this behaviour ?

Thanks,

David