Our problem was solved earlier this week, unbeknownst to me.

The solution is that we had wmode set to transparent in the embed code,
which was disabling Flash focus and allowing IE to eat our arrow key
assignments.  Getting rid of the wmode designation cleared everything
up.

- RC

------------------------------

Hi everyone.  i know for certain this problem has been posed and solved,
but i can't seem to find much in the archives.

We just started embedding our games using the satay method (scrapping
our pop-up method).  In IE only, even when the Flash content is
focussed, the browser highjacks arrow key input and scrolls the page
when a player is trying to control an in-game character.  How to fix?

If possible, i'd like to avoid these solutions:

- make the page too short to scroll
- retrofit ancient game flas with new calls to javascript code
- iframe something something ... i don't know much about building web
pages, but our builders here seem opposed to using iframes.

Thanks everyone!

- Ryan Creighton

Senior Flash Developer
Corus Entertainment