I'm pretty sure Flash 9 has built in metadata capabilities, although
I've never used them and I'm not aware of any way to access them from
Actionscript code. Here's some of the arguments you can use with
mxmlc.

-metadata.contributor <name>
-metadata.creator <name>
-metadata.date <text>
-metadata.description <text>
-metadata.language <code>
-metadata.localized-description <text> <lang>
-metadata.localized-title <title> <lang>
-metadata.publisher <name>
-metadata.title <text>

Of course, it's probably Flash 9 only.