After nearly two years of working in ActionScript, my company decided that
Flash development was too painful and just not worth the effort.

This happened just about the time that I was actually getting the hang of
things. In any case, I was the last Flash(AS2) Developer left here...

I'm in full support for building an app-development framework around
Flash/AS2 and/or AS3, which would make life easier for AS2 devs like me, and
make the decision to chose Flash as a development platform easier for a
mid-sized team than it currently is.

While I have little(none actually) idea about Ruby and Rails, I'll read up
soon... I would love to get started before my Flash skills actually get
rusted away.

- Ujjwal

PS: Is there a troll feature on mailing lists?