Is anyone aware of problems using a localConnection on different
browsers and on Mac versus PC? I'm working on a project in which I have
two Flash files running on an HTML page and the first file sends a
"cookie" to the second file using a localConnection. The complication is
that the first file loops a series of secondary Flash movies in and out
and when each of those movies switches, it needs to send a new frame
number to the second movie. I've been working on this for several weeks
and have gone through several versions of the files, some of which work
on Firefox/PC, some work on IE/PC, some have occasionally worked on the
Mac browsers. Code in the sending file is below. Also below is a link to
the HTML page that is holding the two movies.

Not an expect AS programmer, so I won't be insulted by any major
critiques of the code. Any help is greatly appreciated!

http://www.h2xmultimedia.com/clients/_select/index.html

Sending File Code:

var frames:Array = new Array("2","62","122","182","242","302");
var clips:Array = new Array("images/bars/bar1.swf",
"images/bars/bar2.swf", "images/bars/bar3.swf", "images/bars/bar4.swf",
"images/bars/bar1.swf", "images/bars/bar2.swf");

waitDelay = 7.5; //in seconds

        imageCount = -1;
        frameCount = -1;
        onTop = createEmptyMovieClip('holder_1', 1);
        onBottom = createEmptyMovieClip('holder_2', 2);
        onTop._alpha = 100;
        onBottom._alpha = 0;
        holder_1._lockroot = true;
        holder_2._lockroot = true;

loadNextImage = function () {

onBottom.loadMovie(clips[imageCount=(imageCount+1)%clips.length]);

                //send the next frame number - WORKS PERFECTLY IN
TESTING ENVIRONMENT BUT NOT IN BROWSERS
                function sendFrameNumber(bnum){
                outgoing_lc = new LocalConnection();
                outgoing_lc.send("lc_test", "testme", bnum);
                delete outgoing_lc;
                        }

sendFrameNumber(frames[frameCount=(frameCount+1)%frames.length]);

                //fade the images
                onEnterFrame = function() {
                        if (onBottom._width>0) {
                        crossFade(onTop,onBottom);
                        onEnterFrame = null;

waitTime = function (seconds) {
        waitId = setInterval(function() {
                loadNextImage();clearInterval(waitId);}, seconds*1000);
                };
        loadNextImage();

function crossFade(clip1,clip2) {
        cross = function (clip1, clip2) {
                clip1._alpha -= 5;
                clip2._alpha += 5;
                if (clip2._alpha >= 100) {
                        temp = onTop;
                        onTop = onBottom;
                        onBottom = temp;
                        clip1.swapDepths(clip2);
                        waitTime(waitDelay);
                        clearInterval(fadeId);
                        }
                updateAfterEvent();
                };
        fadeId = setInterval(cross, 2, clip1, clip2);