After thinking about it, I believe the eql method is fine how it is and
here's why.

If there is an object in there with the same exact properties, but it's
a different instance of the object, then I don't think it should be a
match.  If it points to the same place in memory (same instance) then it
should match, which is how Flash handles MovieClips, Objects, Classes,
etc. as illustrated in this trivial example:

x = {};
y = x;
trace(x == y);
-- true

x = {};
y = {};
trace(x == y);
-- false

This is as it should be.  If the pointer in the array points to the same
object in memory, the it's a match, otherwise, it's not.

If you want to do some deeper comparison to see if objects in an array
are identical in content but different instances, then I think 'every'
is the proper method to use and you just pass your comparison function
as the argument.

Any thoughts?