So the newMC will automatically know to get the next highest depth? And if
that is true how about swapping depths with other mcs?

...helmut

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Meinte van't
Kruis
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 10:18 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] as3 and attachmovie

Carl,

Everything in AS3 is classes, so you can't do anything without using
classes.
It's actually easier than attachmovie. Just make a

var newMC=new MovieClip();
this.addChild(newMC);

feels alot cleaner that
attachmovie("gf","gf"+_root.getNextHighestDepth(),_root.getNextHighestDepth(
));
doesn't it ;).

good luck!

Meinte

ps. you can checkout senocular.com , he has some excellent tutorials on AS3

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com