thanks for sending all those examples. i tried a test implementing yahoo maps yesterday but quickly realized that instead of a mapping solution i'm looking for more of a navigational interface whereby you can select a state and then drill down to the county level for more information.

i found s/thing very close to what i am looking for here:

https://www.propertyinfo.com/Stewart.REI.Portal.PortalWebSite/CoverageMap.aspx
----- Original Message ----- From: "Arul Prasad M L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Interactive Map Examples

Came across this one yesterday..http://www.backspace.com/mapapp/

~Arul Prasad

On 7/31/06, Matthew Ganz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi.

i'm looking for examples of interactive flash maps. i'm trying to see what else is out there as i build out my application...which will be a map of the
US.

what i'd like is that a user can click a state and that state will be the
prominent viewpoint from which a user can select a county.

i've heard of examples where the state, in some planar 3D motion, will
stand up and the map of the US will almost lay down beneath it, so to speak.
but i'd also like to take the state and perhaps center it in the view
container and get rid of the US map entirely.

anyhow, if anyone can point me to some examples that'd be very much
appreciated.

thank you. -- matt.