tend to use to underscrores to indicate private one to indicate protected

On 8/10/06, Claus Wahlers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've noticed many class authors prefix property names with an
> underscore, or 2 underscores or none at all.

It's often used in concert with getter/setters to prevent name collisions:

private var _myProperty:String;

public function set myProperty(value:String):Void {
    _myProperty = value;
}

public function get myProperty():String {
    return _myProperty;
}

Cheers,
Claus.