If its mx.core.UIObject's destroyObject that you are talking about,
destroyObject takes the instanceName of the object, not the instance
reference. you'll just have to pass the instance name as a string.

So, your code should look somethng like:

function killElements()
{
for (var i:Number = 0; i < 35; i++)
  {
    this._targetMc.slidemenu.destroyObject("theThumb" + i);
    this._targetMc.slidemenu.destroyObject("theHit" + i);

Hope that helps!

~Arul Prasad
http://arulprasad.blogspot.com

On 8/10/06, dnk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andy Stone wrote:
> Have you tried...
>
> this._targetMc.destroyObject(eval("slidemenu.theThumb" + i));
>

> Sometimes I find eval works when [] doesn't. -Andy

I have not tried that - I will give it a go in a few hours.

Thanks!