-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aaron
Buchanan
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:15 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] New Flash based website

I'm not sure, I actually just found this solution through playing around
with some ideas. Which is why I haven't been able to get it to work for
safari yet. But have tested modern IE, FF, on osx and xp to work ok.

Luckily the adverse of this not working will still allow users to
interact
with the site, the only limitation being that the site will assume a
absolute height.

But the concept is fairly simple and I will look around to see if there
is.
If I cant find anything I can post a little write up. But there has to
be
something out there from someone smarter than I, hehe :)

Cheers!
Aaron

On 8/10/06 11:04 AM, "dnk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Aaron Buchanan wrote:
>> Hi Bjorn,
>>
>> There is an issue that occurs when users with smaller monitors (13"
>> macbooks) accessing 100% flash content. Say you do not want to scale
the
>> content down to 13". You also do not want to write a flash scroller,
because
>> the browser has excellent support and performance for this, and Flash
might
>> have a harder time.
>>
>> So my solution is that I detect the window height/width, and if they
are
>> less than my minimum, I set the swf object to my minimum height,
otherwise I
>> allow it to be 100% with noScale.
>>
>> You can see an example of this at a site I am working on (still in
dev):
>> http://build.lab-media.com/mpvs
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

> Are there any good tutorials on this subject?

Aaron Buchanan | Flash Developer, Lab-Media | T 909 702 1368