At any rate - when i create my thumbnails, all works fine the first time, but after they have been wiped out, and I recall my method to re-draw the thumbnails, for some reason my buttons are not working. Now I did a bunch of tracing tests to see if:
Hi dnk,

This may not be a proper answer to your question, but when faced with this kind of headache I stick all the problem buttons, thumbnails etc in a single movieclip, delete that clip to clear them, and redraw the whole thing from scratch. Bad for the processor, good for my sanity.

Tony