Anthony Lee wrote:

At any rate - when i create my thumbnails, all works fine the first time, but after they have been wiped out, and I recall my method to re-draw the thumbnails, for some reason my buttons are not working. Now I did a bunch of tracing tests to see if:
Hi dnk,

This may not be a proper answer to your question, but when faced with this kind of headache I stick all the problem buttons, thumbnails etc in a single movieclip, delete that clip to clear them, and redraw the whole thing from scratch. Bad for the processor, good for my sanity.

Tony

Ok - as an update I realized why this was not working - my buttons were being
wiped out and recreated,
but the original delegates (onPress) were the issue. When my class was
initialized the delegates were
calling their respective functions as it should. The issue I had was that when
the 2nd page of thumbnails
were loaded - the buttons were still listening to hte original delegate functions. I have written those functions to use variables to load the images - but it seems that when the functions used by delegate - had
not updated the variables.. it seemed to only want to do that on the initial
load. I hope i am explaining this properly.
For the way I seem to think about code - it would be nice if there was a way to
write dynamic functions. But that is another posting.

--
dnk