So say i have a movieClip in my library associated with the class Clock.
In my application i want an instance of Clock on stage, so i do something like this:

var UIClock:Clock = content.attachMovie("clock","uiclock1",1);

naturally i'll get compiler errors, since attachMovie returns a MovieClip.

Is there a way to circumvent this? I really enjoy associating library clips with classes and attaching them; aside from this issue i've had no problems.

- A