thank you very much tyson and gerry for taking your time to test it.

for test purposes I am using an old 400mhz G3 powerbook, 512mb memory running os x 10.3. the site didn't work on either ie or safari. but after I did the modification it worked perfectly on both.
maybe it has to do with the flash player, a bug that was fixed or something.

From: Tyson Tune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] external jpegs & mac problem
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 08:22:27 -0500

right, ram might be an issue on a n old mac. I'm running 2 gigs, so everything is pretty fast
On Aug 15, 2006, at 8:15 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Loads fine over here on a FireFox(G4 Powerbook w/512mb ram). On a side
note...IE is dead on the Mac for several years now which might help  your
testing proceedure.

I have been troubled with this for a long time now and have tried  almost
everything in the world to figure out what the problem is.

http://tinyurl.com/jfnxa

it works on pc's, but not on macs (neither ie or safari)

that is to say: it loads all images instantaneously on pc's, but  on macs
it
only loads a few of them, however many of them seem to pop up a while
later
(like minutes later). the mac doesnt show signs of stress in the  whole
process.

I have tried several different preloaders, bokel's loader class, even
checking numerous times if one image is loaded before loading the next...
and none of it seems to work on the mac.

does anyone have a guess what might cause the peculiar behaviour?

(dont mind the buttons in the bottom they are not working properly  yet).

thank you!