My approach to printing oodles of multiline text is to let the browser
do it:

   * When the print button is pressed, save the contents of the text
     field to a Local Shared Object
   * Open up an empty HTML page, which has as invisible flash movie
     which can then:
         o Read that shared object.
         o Pass the data that needs to be printed to a JS function which...
         o ...uses DOM to inject that data onto the page.

Simple, and quite elegant, if I say so my self. I've done this before
for arrays of objects, and it has worked a treat. The Flash/Javascript
bridge comes in handy here as well.

Peter O'Brien wrote:
I have the same problem as the original poster.

I don't suppose anyone can provide more info as a solution than Hans, or
Hans if you're there I would love to see some code.

What are flash mc dimensions to match an A4 page? Doesn't it vary according
to screen resolution?

How can you efficiently fill a textfield to the point in which you know it
is completely full?

Cheers,
Pete

--