To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 10:31 AM
Subject: [Flashcoders] Using assets from external SWF

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out how to use external SWF as a library of assets that I can instantiate in my as3 projects. I have gone through several articles that "almost" explain this. One in particular is "Loading Flex Skins at Runtime" at http://blogs.adobe.com/kiwi/2006/07/

Basically I want to have my assets (skins, icons etc) in this external swf (assets.swf ) that I create in Flash 9. Then load that file with the Loader class at runtime in an as3 project and instantiate the "classes" of the assets to add them to the stage, once or more.

Does anyone have a working sample of this?