On 8/21/06, Martin Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Does the compiled code get recompiled during runtime to machine code
>> (like a JIT compiler) or does it get interpreted?
>
> Some Adobe presentation on the subjet was saying that all the code get
> JIT'ed, except the $iinit and $cinit functions which are the one
> defining the classes and initializing their static variables.

I just read that the other day and was wondering why?

Personally I cant really think of why constructors and initialization should be
interpreted and not JIT'ed but im sure someone can think of good reasons.

Perhaps because they are only run once? From what I understand, JIT is
a small penalty the first time, then each successive use is sped up.
If there are no successive uses, then it will be a net loss to use
JIT.