Thanks! I found the book and going to give it a good read, I read twice
Mook's book in essentials of AS2 but still I havent been able to grasp the
consept as you can tell by my question.

Anyhow, how do you go by decompiling some one else's code when there are
items you dont understand? I have googling and comparing in books but still
I can get my head around all the code. and I am sure it wouldnt be fun for
people here explaining every bit of code in that program. It is clean and
well commented but still there are items in there that I cant grasp just
yet..

thanks again..
helmut

On 8/29/06, Johannes Nel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>f the compiler required him to call super(), he would have had more
information to figure out what was wrong

no. there is nothing more in that as all classes extend at least object.

anyway this is pedantic.

helmut: i advise you to download thinking in java by bruce eckels and read
about OO, its free and will explain OO concepts very well.

On 8/29/06, Steven Sacks | BLITZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You are being far too defensive.  I was not attacking you, I was
> attacking lazy coding practices.  I didn't say YOU are a lazy coder, I
> said taking advantage of a compiler's shortcoming is lazy coding.
>
> If the compiler required him to call super(), he would have had more
> information to figure out what was wrong.  My telling him to call
> super() provides information to the relationship of inherited classes.
> You saying that the compiler allows you to get away without calling
> super() doesn't help him understand his problem nor is it good practice,
> especially for somebody who is learning the ropes of OOP.

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org

...helmut
helmutgranda.com