In this case, attachMovie returns heavily extended movieclips. There is no casting in the scripts at this point.

- A

Ian Thomas wrote:
It's not something strange about the types you're using is it?

You always seem to be treating the return value of attachMovie as an
Object rather than a MovieClip (which should work fine) - but I've no
idea what type inventoryTool is, from you're code, and wonder vaguely
whether it's silently failing a cast somewhere.

Any particular reason you're using Object rather than MovieClip?

Ian