We've done it using BitmapData... basically, onPress to start scrubbing, we set the video object to invisible and capture the image of the object using bitmap data.

On stop of scrub, reverse the process...

hopefully that helps... again, this is only as 2.0 at 8 at this point, but figured i'd throw out my 2 cents.

greg h wrote:
Sammi,

You might want to repost this question over on the FlashComm list:

Some members there have posted
AS3/FMS2<http://www.webservertalk.com/archive374-2006-5-1384149.html>(though
as yet, not an AS3 scrubber).

The FlashComm list is subscribed to by most of the FMS heavies. As such, if you can repost your question there you will be delivering it to an excellent
"target audience".

hth,