So you mean to say that "aaa" opens a '_blank' window and will after that keep the reference "aaa" so you can reuse the identifier string to point to that window ?
if so, nice, thanks

Adrian Ionut Beschea wrote:
not all popups are blocked. it depends on what you getURL to. If it's just a script, or a web page, the browser won't block it, if it's a javascript call, then you're on for problems. Try this : test_btn.onRelease = getThatURL;
function getThatURL() {
getURL("http://www.yahoo.com","aaa";);
}

Latcho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: and that string id'd window would be a
popup... and popups are blocked....

Adrian Ionut Beschea wrote:
It opens a new window
That's what the second argument in getURL is for. You can give it _self, _blank, _parent, _top but you can also give it a string to identify the window.

Jim Berkey  wrote: >I need the browser to open a new window  but if I press my
button
multiple times I want to get to that same  window.

Ahhh, an interesting concept. I'm surprised that it works in Firefox. Does it
open a new browser with window, or a new tab? Maybe when tabbed IE 7 is out
this would be possible?