Hi Dave,

I had already replied you a few days ago, but I think the message went under a "digest" title,
so you must have missed it.

So again, thanks!
I downloaded your example and played around with it.
I don't know for flash 4, but with flash 8 it was the fact that the images
were loaded and not attached that caused the memory to free.

So I experimented a lot and I now know that Flash will not free memory
of images that were attached via attachMovie, even if you removeMovieClip,
or you send its timeline it to an empty frame or pray all night long.

If anyone does not agree with this, please let me know what you know,
I've been working on this 12h/day for the past week, but this still
doesn't make sense to me, so I could probably be missing something.

Dave, thanks again!

Regards,

Dimitrios

----- Original Message ----- From: "dave matthews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>