For load time, export the animation to .swf (Maya, Swift3d do this - max
too with a plugin I think).  Much smaller than several bitmaps.
However, much more processor intensive than bitmap sequences, so it's a
tradeoff - depends on if you want textures, lighting, etc.  If it needs
to be fairly detailed, preload a bitmap sequence instead of using a
vector .swf.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organization Effectiveness - Technology Solutions

Which