use the _name property.

On 9/11/06, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

I have an application in which I create various buttons in various
panes of an accordion component.

I am having trouble handling events...

I use:

buttonName.addEvent.Listener("click",this);

and then

function click(eventObject:Object) {
        // decide what to do
}

but the only way I have of knowing which button the event came from
is looking at eventObject.target - or is there a better way?

In my example I get an instance names of e.g.

_level0.myAccordian.w1.buttonName1
_level0.myAccordian.w2.buttonName2

so is it possible to parse out of this name the .w1. and the button
name?????

using Flash 8.

Thanks if you can help

James